mybatis 3 + pl/Pgsql

Yosra TR-2
HI ,
I am using MyBatis 3.3.0 with Postgresql 12. I want to inject some pl/pgsql in my xml mapper

for example: to insert data with for loop

<update id="generateNumbers" parameterType="tn.tt.nbms.dto.RangeDTO" statementType="CALLABLE">

<![CDATA[
             declare
             begin
                for number in ......
                 insert into.....(....) values (...)
                end loop;
             end;
          ]]>

</update>

with oracle and Pl/sql it works fine
but I can't convert it to pl/pgsql
How can I do it
I know I can use stored procedure  but my question is how to inject pl/pgsql  in xml mapper files if it is possible?

Best regards,

Re: mybatis 3 + pl/Pgsql

Guy Rouillier-2
PostgreSQL also has a FOR loop.  See an example here:

You can put that loop into an anonymous code block inside your XML mapper.

On 1/29/2020 4:17:26 AM, "'Yosra TR' via mybatis-user" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thank you for your response
To test anonymous code block  I tried to delete a row   from  the table RANGE :

<update id="deleteRange" parameterType="tn.tt.nbms.dto.RangeDTO" statementType="CALLABLE">
<![CDATA[
   DO $$
       DECLARE

       BEGIN

      delete from RANGE where ID_RANGE = #{idRange};

       END $$;
</update>

it throws an exception :

org.mybatis.spring.MyBatisSystemException: nested exception is org.apache.ibatis.type.TypeException: Could not set parameters for mapping: ParameterMapping{property='idRange', mode=IN, javaType=class java.math.BigDecimal, jdbcType=null, numericScale=null, resultMapId='null', jdbcTypeName='null', expression='null'}. Cause: org.apache.ibatis.type.TypeException: Error setting non null for parameter #1 with JdbcType null . Try setting a different JdbcType for this parameter or a different configuration property. Cause: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: L'indice de la colonne est hors limite : 1, nombre de colonnes : 0.

but if I replace   #{idRange} by a value like 3381 for example it works

so how I can set parameters ? can you help me ?

Le jeu. 30 janv. 2020 à 05:06, Guy Rouillier <[hidden email]> a écrit :
[...]

Iwao AVE!
Hello,

The doc says:

> The code block is treated as though it were the body of a function with no parameters

Which means that (unlike Oracle) you cannot pass parameters to the code block.

Executing multiple statements with a single execute() call is not portable and usually comes with limitation.
I would recommend using batch operation [1][2].

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 12:50 AM 'Yosra TRABELSI' via mybatis-user <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

  thank you very much
So what is more performant stored procedure or batch operation ?

Le jeu. 30 janv. 2020 à 18:15, Iwao AVE! <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> [...]

HI ,
I am using MyBatis 3.3.0 with Postgresql 12. I want to inject some pl/pgsql in my xml mapper

for example: to insert data with for loop

<update id="generateNumbers" parameterType="tn.tt.nbms.dto.RangeDTO" statementType="CALLABLE">

<![CDATA[
             declare
             begin
                for number in ......
                 insert into.....(....) values (...)
                end loop;
             end;
          ]]>

</update>

with oracle and Pl/sql it works fine
but I can't convert it to pl/pgsql
How can I do it
I know I can use stored procedure  but my question is how to inject pl/pgsql  in xml mapper files if it is possible?

In general, stored procedure performs better, I think, but you should compare both with your actual data if the performance is your primary concern.