doclava and netbeans

Nicholas Sushkin
Hi,

I am trying to configure NetBeans to show MyBatis 3.0.4 javadoc, but
NetBeans cannot find index-all.html file or index-files folder. I
think it's because the documentation is now generated with doclava
instead of the standard javadoc.

Does anyone have the 3.0.4 javadoc in the old format by any chance?

Thanks

Re: doclava and netbeans

Simone Tripodi-2
Hi Nicholas,
unfortunately not, only the Doclava one is available ATM :(
Maybe it would be better deploying plain old javadoc and publish the
Doclava version, looking forward to do it for next releases
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 5:41 AM, Nicholas Sushkin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to configure NetBeans to show MyBatis 3.0.4 javadoc, but
> NetBeans cannot find index-all.html file or index-files folder. I
> think it's because the documentation is now generated with doclava
> instead of the standard javadoc.
>
> Does anyone have the 3.0.4 javadoc in the old format by any chance?
>
> Thanks

Re: doclava and netbeans

If you just mount the source code, will NetBeans use it to generate the docs on the fly?

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Simone Tripodi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Nicholas,
unfortunately not, only the Doclava one is available ATM :(
Maybe it would be better deploying plain old javadoc and publish the
Doclava version, looking forward to do it for next releases
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 5:41 AM, Nicholas Sushkin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to configure NetBeans to show MyBatis 3.0.4 javadoc, but
> NetBeans cannot find index-all.html file or index-files folder. I
> think it's because the documentation is now generated with doclava
> instead of the standard javadoc.
>
> Does anyone have the 3.0.4 javadoc in the old format by any chance?
>
> Thanks

Re: doclava and netbeans

Nicholas Sushkin
Unfortunately, not.

It seems to pull the parameter names, but not the doc comments.

Tooltip displaying code completion shows for example

"
org.apache.ibatis.session.SqlSession

public List selectList(String statement)

Javadoc not found. Either Javadoc documentation for this item does not
exist or you have not added specified Javadoc in
the Java Platform Manager or the Library Manager.
"

> If you just mount the source code, will NetBeans use it to generate the docs
> on the fly?

Re: doclava and netbeans

bjdodson

I just ran a test of using Doclava documentation in NetBeans, and basic support at least seems to work for me. You have to point to the "reference" folder within the documentation. I'll do further testing to try and improve compatibility.

We'll test out other IDEs, and see if it makes sense to update our directory structure.

Cheers,
Ben