callSettersOnNulls does not work

Pandurang Kamath
I have a POJO with 5 String data members and I have used it in resultMap and mapped the columns to the properties. When all the 5 values are returned as null by the query the object is made null instead of the mapped properties being null. I found an older thread and also from the documentation that setting callSettersOnNulls to true solves the issue. But it does not seem to work on 3.4.1