Usage MyBatis, base on jdk1.4

yang
Hi guys. nowadays, i concentrate on MyBatis with Jdk 1.4 . but i could
not find the way.
actually i thought that retroweaving will be answer of this problem.
but MyBatis is not work with retroweaver.

if you know the way~ please help me.

Re: Usage MyBatis, base on jdk1.4

Larry Meadors
On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 6:37 PM, yang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi guys. nowadays, i concentrate on MyBatis with Jdk 1.4

"On October 30, 2008 J2SE 1.4.2 reached the end of its service life
(EOSL)." That was 2.5 years ago. It's dead.

You might be able to check out the source and tweak the source and the
pom (assuming maven works with jdk1.4) and make it work...but wow,
why?

Larry

Re: Usage MyBatis, base on jdk1.4

yang
hi~  now i working on SAP netweaver system. mean that SAP netweaver(actrualy is it a WAS)  working on jdk 1.4, other version of jdk is not allow.
so  now i consider this.

atually i have a one question. many programer until now woring on jdk 1.4. why don't you make distribute version of jdk 1.4? if you support this, i think that
many person will be delight.

Larry

On 2/15/2011 8:37 PM, yang wrote:
> Hi guys. nowadays, i concentrate on MyBatis with Jdk 1.4 . but i could
> not find the way.
> actually i thought that retroweaving will be answer of this problem.
> but MyBatis is not work with retroweaver.

You don't mention which version of MyBatis you are using, but I'm
assuming version 3.  JDK 1.4 is ancient.  JDK 1.5 (aka Java 5) went EOL
Oct 2010, so ideally Java 6 is the place to be doing your Java work.

Is there a reason you need to be using such an old JDK?

Re: Usage MyBatis, base on jdk1.4

Eduardo Macarron
> atually i have a one question. many programer until now woring on jdk 1.4.
> why don't you make distribute version of jdk 1.4? if you support this, i
> think that
> many person will be delight.

Not so many people. Almost all commercial java application servers
with jdk 1.4 are not yet supported. SAP is indeed the exception, they
did not invest on following java versions in the past and I suppose
they are not going to change that now Java is an Oracle product.

I think you should stay in iBATIS/MyBatis 2.x.

Re: Usage MyBatis, base on jdk1.4

This is a way for SAP to make money...

  * They get to claim it's "Java"
  * They support an end of line product that nobody else will with niche tools
  * They block out all other (modern) products by keeping their stuff on the old version

All the while they keep expenses low by not having to upgrade their own product.

It's brilliant.