Property name omitted from OGNL exception message

Yan

Property name omitted from OGNL exception message

Yan
Hi,

Maybe someone could add this the bug database.

<bug>
Message should be,

  There is no getter for property named 'value' in 'class x.y.Z'

but the actual message is

  There is no getter for property named '' in 'class x.y.Z'

</bug>

Here are the details.

I get this message,

  There is no getter for property named '' in 'class x.y.Z'

when I use this OGNL expression with the "value" property missing from
the bean,

  <foreach item="i" collection="subjectAreas" open="(" separator=","
close=")">#{i.value}</foreach>

When I add the property to the bean the exception is correctly not
thrown.

The bug is that the exception message fails to include the missing
property name.

-Janek Bogucki