Mybatis-spring manual draft

Eduardo Macarron
I would like mybatis-spring users to review the reference manual.

The purpose is to make it simple. There are more options that could be explained but advanced users will end up having a look at source code to discover them and I think thats fine.

Please have a look at it. All comments are welcome.

thanks in advance!

mybatis-spring.pdf (32K) Download Attachment

Re: Mybatis-spring manual draft

Hunter
This looks pretty good. I see a few minor grammar mistakes I was
planning on fixing in the next day or so.

Some other things I was thinking would make this even better:
1) Rename Chapter 2 "Getting Started" instead of Bootstrap. This is
consistent with the main MyBatis manual
2) Expand Section 2.3 to be a minimal configuration example. This
would include what is already there with SqlSessionFactoryBean (minus
the configuration xml property, see item 4) plus the contents of
Chapter 3.
3) Expand Chapter 3 to discuss MapperFactoryBean in more detail,
including discussion of automatic transaction handling and the fact
that you don't have to manage the SqlSession.
4) Add a Chapter about SqlSessionFactoryBean. Detail the configuration
property; explain that the MyBatis config xml is now only needed for
setting specific properties and adding aliases. Also detail some other
properties users may want to change / set in the factory bean.

Does this sound like it would help? If so, I can work on these changes
this week.

On Oct 11, 1:06 pm, Eduardo Macarron Miegemolle
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like mybatis-spring users to review the reference manual.
>
> The purpose is to make it simple. There are more options that could be
> explained but advanced users will end up having a look at source code to
> discover them and I think thats fine.
>
> Please have a look at it. All comments are welcome.
>
> thanks in advance!
>
>  mybatis-spring.pdf
> 32KViewDownload

Re: Mybatis-spring manual draft

Simone Tripodi
Hi Hunter,
thanks a lot, your help is more than appreciated :)

Edu, thanks for the hard work!!!

Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 2:09 AM, Hunter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This looks pretty good. I see a few minor grammar mistakes I was
> planning on fixing in the next day or so.
>
> Some other things I was thinking would make this even better:
> 1) Rename Chapter 2 "Getting Started" instead of Bootstrap. This is
> consistent with the main MyBatis manual
> 2) Expand Section 2.3 to be a minimal configuration example. This
> would include what is already there with SqlSessionFactoryBean (minus
> the configuration xml property, see item 4) plus the contents of
> Chapter 3.
> 3) Expand Chapter 3 to discuss MapperFactoryBean in more detail,
> including discussion of automatic transaction handling and the fact
> that you don't have to manage the SqlSession.
> 4) Add a Chapter about SqlSessionFactoryBean. Detail the configuration
> property; explain that the MyBatis config xml is now only needed for
> setting specific properties and adding aliases. Also detail some other
> properties users may want to change / set in the factory bean.
>
> Does this sound like it would help? If so, I can work on these changes
> this week.
>
> On Oct 11, 1:06 pm, Eduardo Macarron Miegemolle
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I would like mybatis-spring users to review the reference manual.
>>
>> The purpose is to make it simple. There are more options that could be
>> explained but advanced users will end up having a look at source code to
>> discover them and I think thats fine.
>>
>> Please have a look at it. All comments are welcome.
>>
>> thanks in advance!
>>
>>  mybatis-spring.pdf
>> 32KViewDownload

Re: Mybatis-spring manual draft

Eduardo Macarron

Yes Hunter, that changes sound good. That way the manual will be
clearer and more detailed.
.