Mybatis 3.4.7 AbstractMethodError

Scott Warner
We are using mybatis to connect to a really old database using a really old driver (ojdbc14.jar). Until mybatis 3.4.7 we didn't have any problem using the old driver.
When we tried to migrate to 3.4.7, we started getting AbstractMethodErrors thrown from selects:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError: Method oracle/jdbc/driver/T4CPreparedStatement.isClosed()Z is abstract
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.isClosed(T4CPreparedStatement.java)
at org.apache.ibatis.executor.BaseExecutor.closeStatement(BaseExecutor.java:285)
at org.apache.ibatis.executor.SimpleExecutor.doQuery(SimpleExecutor.java:65)

In the closeStatement method of BaseExecutor, can you catch and ignore AbstractMethodError just like you do with SQLException?

Re: Mybatis 3.4.7 AbstractMethodError

Iwao AVE!
Hi Scott,

If your Oracle is version 9 or later, ojdbc6.jar 11.2 should work.

If it's older, I'm sorry, but you may need to use the older version of MyBatis that worked or create a local fork.
ojdbc14.jar only supports JDBC 3 API and we won't be able to keep supporting it.