MyBatis3 Spring3 documentation contribution

MyBatis3 Spring3 documentation contribution

Giovanni Cuccu
Hi,
   I wrote a post on my blog with a working example of mybatis3
spring3integration. The aim is to provide something that can be used
as a basis for the user guide.
Feedback is welcome in every form (post comments, response to this
email, private email) and I'll update the post on a daily basis so
every one can read the latest version. In the next few days Ill'
publish another post detailing how to use the mybatis3 new features;
this post focus on mybatis2 style usage.
Thanks,
     Giovanni
http://www.jpadbf.org/2010/09/mybatis3-spring3-integration-a-first-look/

"You don't know the power of dark side" - Darth Vader

Re: MyBatis3 Spring3 documentation contribution

Simone Tripodi
Ciao Giovanni :)
well done!!! I'd like to encourage you to contribute with patches in
the doc[1], (take the mybatis-guice doc[2] as a complete example) it
would be super including your knowledge in the Users Guide, every kind
of contribution is much more than appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance, buona giornata! ;)
Simo

[1] http://mybatis.googlecode.com/svn/sub-projects/mybatis-spring/trunk/src/docbkx/
[2] http://mybatis.googlecode.com/svn/sub-projects/mybatis-guice/trunk/src/docbkx/

http://www.99soft.org/

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Giovanni Cuccu
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>   I wrote a post on my blog with a working example of mybatis3
> spring3integration. The aim is to provide something that can be used
> as a basis for the user guide.
> Feedback is welcome in every form (post comments, response to this
> email, private email) and I'll update the post on a daily basis so
> every one can read the latest version. In the next few days Ill'
> publish another post detailing how to use the mybatis3 new features;
> this post focus on mybatis2 style usage.
> Thanks,
>     Giovanni
> http://www.jpadbf.org/2010/09/mybatis3-spring3-integration-a-first-look/

> "You don't know the power of dark side" - Darth Vader

Re: MyBatis3 Spring3 documentation contribution

Giovanni Cuccu
Ciao Simo,
     my idea was to get feedback on the blog that is more
readable/(i.e accessbile with a browser on a public url) and testable
(the post has a link to zip with all the files ) and then contribute
to the doc.
In this way I "fight" with the docbook text only once.
Giovanni

"You don't know the power of dark side" - Darth Vader

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Simone Tripodi
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ciao Giovanni :)
> well done!!! I'd like to encourage you to contribute with patches in
> the doc[1], (take the mybatis-guice doc[2] as a complete example) it
> would be super including your knowledge in the Users Guide, every kind
> of contribution is much more than appreciated!!!
> Thanks in advance, buona giornata! ;)
> Simo
>
> [1] http://mybatis.googlecode.com/svn/sub-projects/mybatis-spring/trunk/src/docbkx/
> [2] http://mybatis.googlecode.com/svn/sub-projects/mybatis-guice/trunk/src/docbkx/

> http://www.99soft.org/
>

> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Giovanni Cuccu
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   I wrote a post on my blog with a working example of mybatis3
>> spring3integration. The aim is to provide something that can be used
>> as a basis for the user guide.
>> Feedback is welcome in every form (post comments, response to this
>> email, private email) and I'll update the post on a daily basis so
>> every one can read the latest version. In the next few days Ill'
>> publish another post detailing how to use the mybatis3 new features;
>> this post focus on mybatis2 style usage.
>> Thanks,
>>     Giovanni
>> http://www.jpadbf.org/2010/09/mybatis3-spring3-integration-a-first-look/

>> "You don't know the power of dark side" - Darth Vader

Re: MyBatis3 Spring3 documentation contribution

Simone Tripodi
Sounds good :)
Thanks in advance for your help!
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Giovanni Cuccu
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ciao Simo,
>     my idea was to get feedback on the blog that is more
> readable/(i.e accessbile with a browser on a public url) and testable
> (the post has a link to zip with all the files ) and then contribute
> to the doc.
> In this way I "fight" with the docbook text only once.
> Giovanni

> "You don't know the power of dark side" - Darth Vader
>

> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Simone Tripodi
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Ciao Giovanni :)
>> well done!!! I'd like to encourage you to contribute with patches in
>> the doc[1], (take the mybatis-guice doc[2] as a complete example) it
>> would be super including your knowledge in the Users Guide, every kind
>> of contribution is much more than appreciated!!!
>> Thanks in advance, buona giornata! ;)
>> Simo
>>
>> [1] http://mybatis.googlecode.com/svn/sub-projects/mybatis-spring/trunk/src/docbkx/
>> [2] http://mybatis.googlecode.com/svn/sub-projects/mybatis-guice/trunk/src/docbkx/

>> http://www.99soft.org/
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Giovanni Cuccu
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>   I wrote a post on my blog with a working example of mybatis3
>>> spring3integration. The aim is to provide something that can be used
>>> as a basis for the user guide.
>>> Feedback is welcome in every form (post comments, response to this
>>> email, private email) and I'll update the post on a daily basis so
>>> every one can read the latest version. In the next few days Ill'
>>> publish another post detailing how to use the mybatis3 new features;
>>> this post focus on mybatis2 style usage.
>>> Thanks,
>>>     Giovanni
>>> http://www.jpadbf.org/2010/09/mybatis3-spring3-integration-a-first-look/

>>> "You don't know the power of dark side" - Darth Vader

Re: MyBatis3 Spring3 documentation contribution

Hunter
This is a great start. You said the a future example would be the
newer style integration. I would think that we would want to start
with that for people coming into MyBatis new.

For iBatis 2, the current example could be the start of a migration
guide. So, maybe re-ordering things with the entire entire Spring app
context and iBatis xml files are shown first?  Then you could walk
through each part of the config with an iBatis 2 example highlighting
what changed.
The example for the newer integration could build on this by taking
the same example and showing how the mapper bean simplifies things.
Maybe that example could also use the new MyBatis connection pool
instead of DBCP too :)

You could also drop the manager class not lose any of the information
about how this all works. The test class could just call the DAO
directly without losing any understanding.

On Sep 7, 9:34 am, Simone Tripodi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sounds good :)
> Thanks in advance for your help!
> Simo
>
> http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/http://www.99soft.org/
>
> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Giovanni Cuccu
>

> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Ciao Simo,
> >     my idea was to get feedback on the blog that is more
> > readable/(i.e accessbile with a browser on a public url) and testable
> > (the post has a link to zip with all the files ) and then contribute
> > to the doc.
> > In this way I "fight" with the docbook text only once.
> > Giovanni

> > "You don't know the power of dark side" - Darth Vader
>
> > On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Simone Tripodi
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Ciao Giovanni :)
> >> well done!!! I'd like to encourage you to contribute with patches in
> >> the doc[1], (take the mybatis-guice doc[2] as a complete example) it
> >> would be super including your knowledge in the Users Guide, every kind
> >> of contribution is much more than appreciated!!!
> >> Thanks in advance, buona giornata! ;)
> >> Simo
>
> >> [1]http://mybatis.googlecode.com/svn/sub-projects/mybatis-spring/trunk/s...
> >> [2]http://mybatis.googlecode.com/svn/sub-projects/mybatis-guice/trunk/sr...
>
> >>http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/
> >>http://www.99soft.org/

Re: MyBatis3 Spring3 documentation contribution

Eduardo Macarron

Yep. Really good guide!

As Hunter suggested I think this would be better a chapter named
"migrating from iBATIS 2 + Spring migration to MyBatis 2 + Spring".
Newcomers to MyBatis 3 + Spring can use a much more simple way getting
rid of DAO implementations (thus getting rid also of template and even
MyBatis API). I suppose you already know this but just in case you don
´t have a look at

http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/source/browse/#svn/sub-projects/mybatis-spring/trunk/src/test/java/sample
http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/source/browse/#svn/sub-projects/mybatis-spring/trunk/src/test/resources/sample

Re: MyBatis3 Spring3 documentation contribution

Giovanni Cuccu
Hi all,
   thanks for your suggestion, I will change the title to
Mybatis3 Spring3 integration from a Mybatis2 user perspective
I'll update the post I'll show a simple mybatis2-spring3 application
and the I will detail how to transform it into a Mybatis 3 Spring 3
application.
I'll post an update when I'm done (I hope within 24 hours from now)
thanks for the feedback.
Giovanni

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 8:50 AM, Eduardo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yep. Really good guide!
>
> As Hunter suggested I think this would be better a chapter named
> "migrating from iBATIS 2 + Spring migration to MyBatis 2 + Spring".
> Newcomers to MyBatis 3 + Spring can use a much more simple way getting
> rid of DAO implementations (thus getting rid also of template and even
> MyBatis API). I suppose you already know this but just in case you don
> ´t have a look at
>
> http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/source/browse/#svn/sub-projects/mybatis-spring/trunk/src/test/java/sample
> http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/source/browse/#svn/sub-projects/mybatis-spring/trunk/src/test/resources/sample

Re: MyBatis3 Spring3 documentation contribution

Giovanni Cuccu
Hi all,
    a revised version of the post is online;it contains most of the
suggestion you gave me.I rewrote as migration from a mybatis 2.x
solution. You can read it at
http://www.jpadbf.org/2010/09/mybatis3-spring3-integration-a-first-look/
Comments and feedback are welcome.
thanks,