MyBatis autocommit sequence questions

Jon C
Hi,

I would like to understand how autocommit settings "stick" when they are set in MyBatis Java code.

In my mybatis-config.xml
   <environments default="any">
      <environment id="any">
        <transactionManager type="JDBC"/>
        <dataSource type="POOLED">
:
:
          <property name="defaultAutoCommit" value="true"/>  <!--Put here intentionally, so we know how we start -->
        </dataSource>
      </environment>
    </environments>

The java code flows in this (pseudo-code) sequence:
        openSession();   -1
some sql-1  // These are discrete sql statements and should be committed individually since autocommit=true
:
some sql-n
:
        session.close()
//Now we get to part of functionality where multiple sql statements should be treated as a  transaction
        openSession(false);  -2      // Code should commit or rollback
some sql-1a
:
some sql-1n
         commit or rollback
//Now we get to functionality where each sql is an individual transaction
         openSession();   -3

Question:
After openSession() -3, is the state autocommit=true or autocommit-false?

I could write code to try it myself, but your help would be buying me time, big time! So thanks.