MyBatis JavaDocs need to be on the site and also built and distributed in the bundle

MyBatis JavaDocs need to be on the site and also built and distributed in the bundle

wadechandler
All

JavaDocs are a big part of using any Java API. This is more necessary
when talking about an annotations library, but too, there is a lot of
information one needs related to using the MyBatis APIs in there. This
also helps integrate a library within an IDE. These should be
published versus only the users guide. MHO.

Thanks,

Wade

Re: MyBatis JavaDocs need to be on the site and also built and distributed in the bundle

Simone Tripodi
Hi Wade,
we don't have published the Javadoc APIs (yet) but we have been
distributing javadocs & sources for all mybatis components, in both
zip bundles & maven repo.

 * If you download the zip bundle, decompress the *-javadoc.jar, or
just attach it in your preferred IDE;
 * if you use maven, set the following properties in your pom.xml/settings.xml

{{{
    <downloadSources>true</downloadSources>
    <downloadJavadocs>true</downloadJavadocs>
}}}

I prefer using eclipse+m2eclipse that does all that job under the hood.

HTH
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 9:58 PM, wadechandler
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> All
>
> JavaDocs are a big part of using any Java API. This is more necessary
> when talking about an annotations library, but too, there is a lot of
> information one needs related to using the MyBatis APIs in there. This
> also helps integrate a library within an IDE. These should be
> published versus only the users guide. MHO.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wade

Re: MyBatis JavaDocs need to be on the site and also built and distributed in the bundle

Perhaps my New Year's Resolution will be to go on a mad mission to Javadoc everything I should have Javadoc'd a long time ago.   :-)

Clinton

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> All
>
> JavaDocs are a big part of using any Java API. This is more necessary
> when talking about an annotations library, but too, there is a lot of
> information one needs related to using the MyBatis APIs in there. This
> also helps integrate a library within an IDE. These should be
> published versus only the users guide. MHO.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wade

Re: MyBatis JavaDocs need to be on the site and also built and distributed in the bundle

wadechandler
Yes. Just noticed in my mybat*-bundle download there is the java docs JAR. That
does fix the IDE integration problem. Would still be nice to find them on the
web site if possible for you all to set that up as part of the build cycle.

Thanks for correcting my goofiness and over look of the JAR file,

Wade

> we don't have published the Javadoc APIs (yet) but we have  been
> distributing javadocs & sources for all mybatis components, in  both
> zip bundles & maven repo.
>
>  * If you download the zip bundle,  decompress the *-javadoc.jar, or
> just attach it in your preferred IDE;
>  *  if you use maven, set the following properties in your
>pom.xml/settings.xml
>
> {{{
>      <downloadSources>true</downloadSources>
>      <downloadJavadocs>true</downloadJavadocs>
> }}}
>
> I prefer  using eclipse+m2eclipse that does all that job under the  hood.
>
> HTH
> Simo

> http://www.99soft.org/
>

> On  Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 9:58 PM, wadechandler
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
> > All
> >
> > JavaDocs are a big part of using any Java  API. This is more necessary
> > when talking about an annotations library,  but too, there is a lot of
> > information one needs related to using the  MyBatis APIs in there. This
> > also helps integrate a library within an  IDE. These should be
> > published versus only the users guide.  MHO.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Wade

Re: MyBatis JavaDocs need to be on the site and also built and distributed in the bundle

David Balažic
I downloaded http://mybatis.googlecode.com/files/mybatis-3.0.4-bundle.zip
and there is a mybatis-3.0.4-javadoc.jar in it, but is has (almost?)
no comments.
Am I missing something?

Regards,
David