JPetStore 6

Eduardo Macarron
I have migrated the JPetStore 5 to MyBatis 3 + Stripes + Spring.

You can check it out here http://code.google.com/p/jpetstore6/

The objectives of this app are the same as the former versions of
JPetStore:
- show how to code a web app with MyBatis 3
- keep it simple

I think both objectives are met.

I would say that this is the smallest of the JPetStore family (thanks
to those wonderful frameworks it is built on: MyBatis, Stripes &
Spring). It does almost the same than its previous versions (I removed
pagination based on old PaginatedList and simplified the search) with
almost half the classes and the same number of xml files.

It uses an in-memory database so running it is just deploying to any
server servlet 2.5 compliant.

Hope you find it useful.

Please have a look at it and provide comments, suggestions, patches or
whatsoever ;)

Re: JPetStore 6

Nathan Maves
Awesome work!

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Eduardo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have migrated the JPetStore 5 to MyBatis 3 + Stripes + Spring.
>
> You can check it out here http://code.google.com/p/jpetstore6/
>
> The objectives of this app are the same as the former versions of
> JPetStore:
> - show how to code a web app with MyBatis 3
> - keep it simple
>
> I think both objectives are met.
>
> I would say that this is the smallest of the JPetStore family (thanks
> to those wonderful frameworks it is built on: MyBatis, Stripes &
> Spring). It does almost the same than its previous versions (I removed
> pagination based on old PaginatedList and simplified the search) with
> almost half the classes and the same number of xml files.
>
> It uses an in-memory database so running it is just deploying to any
> server servlet 2.5 compliant.
>
> Hope you find it useful.
>
> Please have a look at it and provide comments, suggestions, patches or
> whatsoever ;)

Re: JPetStore 6

Simone Tripodi
congrats, looks very cool! :)
felicitaciones,
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Nathan Maves <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Awesome work!
>
> On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Eduardo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have migrated the JPetStore 5 to MyBatis 3 + Stripes + Spring.
>>
>> You can check it out here http://code.google.com/p/jpetstore6/
>>
>> The objectives of this app are the same as the former versions of
>> JPetStore:
>> - show how to code a web app with MyBatis 3
>> - keep it simple
>>
>> I think both objectives are met.
>>
>> I would say that this is the smallest of the JPetStore family (thanks
>> to those wonderful frameworks it is built on: MyBatis, Stripes &
>> Spring). It does almost the same than its previous versions (I removed
>> pagination based on old PaginatedList and simplified the search) with
>> almost half the classes and the same number of xml files.
>>
>> It uses an in-memory database so running it is just deploying to any
>> server servlet 2.5 compliant.
>>
>> Hope you find it useful.
>>
>> Please have a look at it and provide comments, suggestions, patches or
>> whatsoever ;)

Re: JPetStore 6

Eduardo Macarron
Thanks!

It is running in AppEngine at http://jpetstore6.appspot.com

Surprisingly MyBatis does not work in AppEngine because the tight
security rules Google imposes. I know MyBatis is useless in GAE (at
least for now) so this is not a serious issue, but fixing it is almost
trivial so I think it is worth doing the change.
http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/issues/detail?id=217

Re: JPetStore 6

Eduardo Macarron
I it because I wanted to ask for permission before adding a whole
project to MyBatis svn.

Anyway, problem solved, I have just uploaded it to sub-projects and
the googlecode site is marked for deletion :)

Re: JPetStore 6

No permission necessary.  You're a committer... commit away.  :-)

The best thing about Subversion and other SCM tools, is that whatever is done, can be undone.

Thanks again, this is awesome.

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 5:05 PM, Eduardo <[hidden email]> wrote:
I it because I wanted to ask for permission before adding a whole
project to MyBatis svn.

Anyway, problem solved, I have just uploaded it to sub-projects and
the googlecode site is marked for deletion :)

Re: JPetStore 6

Matt Passell
Nice work!  Your fix is actually quite relevant.  Although it's only
in preview at the moment, Google App Engine for Business includes
support for "Hosted SQL", which I imagine will be accessible from Java
using a JDBC driver and thus otherwise compatible with MyBatis.

--Matt

On Dec 27, 6:00 pm, Eduardo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> It is running in AppEngine athttp://jpetstore6.appspot.com
>
> Surprisingly MyBatis does not work in AppEngine because the tight
> security rules Google imposes. I know MyBatis is useless in GAE (at
> least for now) so this is not a serious issue, but fixing it is almost
> trivial so I think it is worth doing the change.http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/issues/detail?id=217

Re: JPetStore 6

lktsepc
Hello, Eduardo. I have read the source of JPetStore 6, the pagination based on old PaginatedList is as you said does't exist, is there any way for pagination based on Mybatis3.0?
If not, implement pagination is leaving it to database manager using its sql is the best way Mybatis gives us?
Expect your good advice~ thank you!