How to recover from an sqlrecoverableexception?

How to recover from an sqlrecoverableexception?

Pablo León
Sometimes (lets say once a week) I get a "Broken pipe" SQLRecoverableException followed by many "no more data to read from socket" SQLRecoverableExceptions. To recover from this situation, I have to restart the application.

So the cuestion is, How to properly recover from an SQLRecoverableException in a MyBatis application?

Note: My application is a Linux+Tomcat8+Oracle11 webapp.

Re: How to recover from an sqlrecoverableexception?

Iwao AVE!
Hi Pablo,

There should be nothing specific to MyBatis application.
In theory, re-executing the statement triggers the connection pool to
retrieve a new connection and everything will be fine.

You should find out why the exception occurs in the first place, though.
Frequent broken pipe error implies that there is a mismatch between DB
server configuration and connection pool settings (e.g. max
connections, idle time, etc.).