Feature Request: Could you remove the final restrictions on class TypeHandlerRegistry?

Feature Request: Could you remove the final restrictions on class TypeHandlerRegistry?

Pu Hsu
Hello, I need to add some different GenericListTypeHandler in my project now, and it's necessary to use a custom TypeHandlerRegistry.

But I found that there is no way to satisfy my idea because class TypeHandlerRegistry is modified with keyword 'final'.

At the same time, I want to use a custom TypeHandlerRegistry, but there is no method named setTypeHandlerRegistry(). By the way, Spring Boot could configure it automatically if there is one.

I try to create a subclass of class Configuration and override getTypeHandlerRegistry() method instead.

So, could you remove the keyword 'final' on TypeHandlerRegistry and add a setTypeHandlerRegistry() to class Configuration?

Thank you very much.

Hsu Pu, ISCAS.