Cannot figure out error: "The column name IS_GENERATEDCOLUMN was not found in this ResultSet"

Cannot figure out error: "The column name IS_GENERATEDCOLUMN was not found in this ResultSet"

Brad Koelper
I keep having this error when using the MyBatis Generator in Eclipse Neon. I am no newcomer to MyBatis, as I use it at my workplace. In this case, it's on a minor side project. So I have quite a bit of experience with it, but I have never seen anything like this error before now.

I am using PostgreSQL (multiple versions, trying to debug this problem) as my database, and I only have one simple table with 5 columns that I am trying to run the generator on. There are no problems reported connecting to the database, but I constantly get the error mentioned in the subject when trying to generate files for this one table. I can post any files you request (configurations, SQL for the table, etc.).

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Re: Cannot figure out error: "The column name IS_GENERATEDCOLUMN was not found in this ResultSet"

Guy Rouillier-2
I found this discussion via Google search which seems relevant:

Are you using a JDBC 4.1 compliant driver?

[...]

I am using a 4.1 compliant JDBC driver. (postgresql-9.3-1103-jdbc41.jar)

I have tried 4 and 4.2 as well. None of them have worked.

Is there any way I can use the most recent build in git?

This is bug #136: <a href="https://github.com/mybatis/generator/issues/136" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fmybatis%2Fgenerator%2Fissues%2F136\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEgpBj_PLgmv05ebAC79nYzyVFjQA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fmybatis%2Fgenerator%2Fissues%2F136\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEgpBj_PLgmv05ebAC79nYzyVFjQA&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/mybatis/generator/issues/136

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 12:44 AM Brad Koelper <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="OzvpKk7mBgAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">bkoe...@...> wrote:
[...]

If you are using Maven, you can access the latest snapshot builds at Sonatype.  Add this to your POM:

<repository>
  <id>sonatype-oss-snapshots</id>
  <name>Sonatype OSS Snapshots Repository</name>
  <url>https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots</url>
</repository>

Then use version 1.3.5-SNAPSHOT

If you are just using the plain JAR file, you can download the latest build from the same place (https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/mybatis/generator/mybatis-generator-core/1.3.5-SNAPSHOT/)

If you are using eclipse, you will need to clone the git repo, build the new version of the plugin, and install it.  Instructions for how to do that are in the Eclipse help (look for the "Building from Source" page).

Jeff Butler

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 6:23 PM Brad Koelper <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I just read this again and see that your are using eclipse.  The eclipse build is very easy now so you shouldn't be intimidated by that.  You can run it from the command line with Maven:

1. clone the repo
2. cd eclipse/org.mybatis.generator.eclipse.parent
3. mvn clean verify

The new version of the feature will be in the eclipse/org.mybatis.generator.eclipse.site/target/repository directory and you can install it directly in eclipse by configuring an update site that points to that directory.