Caches and mixing mappers with XML

Jason Bennett
I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious or if it's just my setup.

I'm using mybatis-spring in Spring Boot, and I have @Mapper interfaces with queries and DDL, along with XML files where I define my result sets and certain queries. It appears that cache tags defined in the XML files are not seen by queries defined on the interfaces. If I have a <cache /> tag in my XML file, do I need to do anything special on the interface to have those queries be cached, or do I need to define CacheNamespaceRefs amongst the various pieces?