Building maven migration plugin?

Larry Meadors
What's the magic incantation to get this to build? :)

I tried doing "mvn clean install", but the build fails with this message:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-invoker-plugin:1.5:verify
(integration-test) on project maven-migration-plugin: 2 builds failed.
-> [Help 1]

Any tips?

Larry

Re: Building maven migration plugin?

I just tried it and got the same error.  I noticed that there are unit test failures if you run 'mvn clean test'

Perhaps the error is the same, but one is masked within the invoker integration tests?

Maybe something new since we upgraded to Maven 3?

Larry

Re: Building maven migration plugin?

Larry Meadors
I talked to Simone about it this morning (my time), and apparently
there is an issue with maven 3 report generation.

I got it to build by commenting out the maven-invoker-plugin block,
and am reading/editing the docbook files now.

[ot] One thing I hit with using XXE to edit them...it converts all
CDATA sections to entity references - looking for a way to fix that,
because it makes the xml look horrid. Horrid as in "There's no way
I'll commit this with my username attached to it." :/

Larry

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Clinton Begin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just tried it and got the same error.  I noticed that there are unit test
> failures if you run 'mvn clean test'
> Perhaps the error is the same, but one is masked within the invoker
> integration tests?
> Maybe something new since we upgraded to Maven 3?
> Cheers,
> Clinton
>
> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 8:14 AM, Larry Meadors <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> What's the magic incantation to get this to build? :)
>>

>> I tried doing "mvn clean install", but the build fails with this message:
>>

>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-invoker-plugin:1.5:verify
>> (integration-test) on project maven-migration-plugin: 2 builds failed.
>> -> [Help 1]
>>

>> Any tips?
>>
>> Larry

Re: Building maven migration plugin?

Simone Tripodi
Hi all guys,
today Marco fixed the integration tests errors making the plugin ready
to be released. If you guys - especially native English speakers -
could take a look to the Users Manual[1] and fix our poor use of
English language, it would be much more than appreciated :P
We would like to push it on Maven Central Repo ASAP, please help us on
this release!
Have a nice day, thanks in advance,
Simo

[1] To generate it: mvn -Pdocbook package

http://www.99soft.org/

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Larry Meadors <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I talked to Simone about it this morning (my time), and apparently
> there is an issue with maven 3 report generation.
>
> I got it to build by commenting out the maven-invoker-plugin block,
> and am reading/editing the docbook files now.
>
> [ot] One thing I hit with using XXE to edit them...it converts all
> CDATA sections to entity references - looking for a way to fix that,
> because it makes the xml look horrid. Horrid as in "There's no way
> I'll commit this with my username attached to it." :/
>
> Larry
>

> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Clinton Begin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I just tried it and got the same error.  I noticed that there are unit test
>> failures if you run 'mvn clean test'
>> Perhaps the error is the same, but one is masked within the invoker
>> integration tests?
>> Maybe something new since we upgraded to Maven 3?
>> Cheers,
>> Clinton
>>
>> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 8:14 AM, Larry Meadors <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> What's the magic incantation to get this to build? :)
>>>

>>> I tried doing "mvn clean install", but the build fails with this message:
>>>

>>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
>>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-invoker-plugin:1.5:verify
>>> (integration-test) on project maven-migration-plugin: 2 builds failed.
>>> -> [Help 1]
>>>

>>> Any tips?
>>>
>>> Larry

Re: Building maven migration plugin?

Larry Meadors
I started using it last weekend - it's so simple to use it's funny. :)

Larry

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Simone Tripodi
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all guys,
> today Marco fixed the integration tests errors making the plugin ready
> to be released. If you guys - especially native English speakers -
> could take a look to the Users Manual[1] and fix our poor use of
> English language, it would be much more than appreciated :P
> We would like to push it on Maven Central Repo ASAP, please help us on
> this release!
> Have a nice day, thanks in advance,
> Simo
>
> [1] To generate it: mvn -Pdocbook package

> http://www.99soft.org/
>

> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Larry Meadors <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I talked to Simone about it this morning (my time), and apparently
>> there is an issue with maven 3 report generation.
>>
>> I got it to build by commenting out the maven-invoker-plugin block,
>> and am reading/editing the docbook files now.
>>
>> [ot] One thing I hit with using XXE to edit them...it converts all
>> CDATA sections to entity references - looking for a way to fix that,
>> because it makes the xml look horrid. Horrid as in "There's no way
>> I'll commit this with my username attached to it." :/
>>
>> Larry
>>

>> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Clinton Begin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I just tried it and got the same error.  I noticed that there are unit test
>>> failures if you run 'mvn clean test'
>>> Perhaps the error is the same, but one is masked within the invoker
>>> integration tests?
>>> Maybe something new since we upgraded to Maven 3?
>>> Cheers,
>>> Clinton

Re: Building maven migration plugin?

Simone Tripodi
Thanks for the feedback and kind words, Larry! :)
Can I ask you please a quick review of the users manual? So we can
publish the offiale 1.0.0 release and put it in the mvn central repo
:P
Many thanks in advance, have a nice day!
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 10:33 PM, Larry Meadors <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I started using it last weekend - it's so simple to use it's funny. :)
>
> Larry
>

> On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Simone Tripodi
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all guys,
>> today Marco fixed the integration tests errors making the plugin ready
>> to be released. If you guys - especially native English speakers -
>> could take a look to the Users Manual[1] and fix our poor use of
>> English language, it would be much more than appreciated :P
>> We would like to push it on Maven Central Repo ASAP, please help us on
>> this release!
>> Have a nice day, thanks in advance,
>> Simo
>>
>> [1] To generate it: mvn -Pdocbook package

>> http://www.99soft.org/
>>

>> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Larry Meadors <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I talked to Simone about it this morning (my time), and apparently
>>> there is an issue with maven 3 report generation.
>>>
>>> I got it to build by commenting out the maven-invoker-plugin block,
>>> and am reading/editing the docbook files now.
>>>
>>> [ot] One thing I hit with using XXE to edit them...it converts all
>>> CDATA sections to entity references - looking for a way to fix that,
>>> because it makes the xml look horrid. Horrid as in "There's no way
>>> I'll commit this with my username attached to it." :/
>>>
>>> Larry

Re: Building maven migration plugin?

Nathan Maves
Simo,

I say lets just release it.  I am not to worried about documentation
issues/errors.  I end users will help with that :)

Lets release it so I can get off the snapshot :)