ANU student want to make a little contribution in this project

ANU student want to make a little contribution in this project

Jiawei Liu-2
Hi,

Nice to meet you. I am a student at Australian National University and I enrolled a course named COMP8440 Free and Opened Sourced Software Development this semester.

Since in this course we are allowed to find a FOSS project to begin our research, I choose Mybatis from the Github and find this project is well organized and has an official structure. I am also interesting about the web development especially the frame of SSM.

Therefore, I post this topic to ask whether I can do any contributions to this project and I am not sure whether I put the request in the right place(the mailing list).

Hope to get anyone's help. Thank you very much.

Regards,
Jiawei Liu

Re: ANU student want to make a little contribution in this project

Frank Martínez
Hi Jiawei,

Nice to have new contributors. What you have to do is:

1. Fork the github repo
2. Do something useful
3. Submit a pull request

Someone will review your contribution, if it is ok, solves something or add a good feature and does not destroy anything... It will be merged. Time of other contributors is very valuable, people here are happy to merge useful contributions, but the expected quality is high.

Go ahead man,

Frank.

El lun., 14 de mayo de 2018 6:21 AM, Jiawei Liu <[hidden email]> escribió:
Hi,

Nice to meet you. I am a student at Australian National University and I enrolled a course named COMP8440 Free and Opened Sourced Software Development this semester.

Since in this course we are allowed to find a FOSS project to begin our research, I choose Mybatis from the Github and find this project is well organized and has an official structure. I am also interesting about the web development especially the frame of SSM.

Therefore, I post this topic to ask whether I can do any contributions to this project and I am not sure whether I put the request in the right place(the mailing list).

Hope to get anyone's help. Thank you very much.

Regards,
Jiawei Liu

Re: ANU student want to make a little contribution in this project

Jiawei Liu-2
Hi Frank,

Thanks for your reply.

Instead of source code, could I make a contribution to the documentation?
Since I found some issues about the translation part in http://www.mybatis.org/mybatis-3. With the default language of English, there is nothing inappropriate. However, when I choose the language of Simplified Chinese, I found there are some parts of PROJECT DOCUMENTATION still shown as English. Although it is not a big problem for the project, it still could lead to some confuses for the Chinese users who may occupy a larger number of the users because Mybatis is really popular for web development in most of the Chinese companies.

In addition, I also found a place with the inappropriate information in the blog.org. In the section of Press, Articles, and Blogs, the information shown below the Blogs was tagged as Japanese but when I click this link. I found it is a blog from the Chinese website and it is written by a Chinese author.

Although they are not the big issues, I think these errors may also make the project seems to be not official and professional enough. Therefore, is it possible for me to edit these issues as my contribution? If the answer is yes, how can I do that? Should I get the HTML files to make the modifications?

Regards,
Jiawei Liu

El lun., 14 de mayo de 2018 6:21 AM, Jiawei Liu <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="EjszygvcBgAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">KeEPGo...@...> escribió:
[...]

I am not the apropiate person for this topics. But there are members that can help.

Try to contact Iwao, Tim or Jeremy, they are very kind people.

Cheers,

Frank.

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 8:46 AM, Jiawei Liu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Frank D. Martínez M.

Re: ANU student want to make a little contribution in this project

Iwao AVE!
Hi  Jiawei,

Doc improvements are very welcome, of course!
Note that the English texts in the picture you posted are auto-generated by a maven plugin, so you may need to submit the translation request to the plugin's project.

For the actual MyBatis documentation, there is a brief instruction in the contribution guide.
https://github.com/mybatis/mybatis-3/wiki/Contribute

And I've corrected the language note on the blog.
http://blog.mybatis.org/p/press.html

Thank you!

[...]

Hi Iwao,

I am really happy that you received my suggestion.

Following the first link you given, I did not find any introductions to say how to submit the translation request to the plugin's project. Could you give me some hints about how to do that? Should I use Maven or just modify the single file?

Since from the Customize Text Reports, I found the source code of
but I have no idea how to modify it

In addition, I also found some XML files corresponding to the 8 titles of REFERENCE DOCUMENTATION in the website(http://www.mybatis.org/mybatis-3/index.html). However, no XML files related to PROJECT DOCUMENTATION

On 18 May 2018 at 19:18, Iwao AVE! <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

In addition, I also found some XML files corresponding to the 8 titles of REFERENCE DOCUMENTATION in the website(http://www.mybatis.org/mybatis-3/index.html). However, no XML files related to PROJECT DOCUMENTATION are placed there.

Therefore, could you give the further help how to do next? Since I have no experience of using Maven, can I modify the single XML file and submit to you?

Thanks in advance.

[...]

Their project information page is here.
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-project-info-reports-plugin/index.html

I also found a ticket requested French localization.
This should be close enough to what you are trying to do.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MPIR/issues/MPIR-329?filter=allissues

Our project site is built by 'mvn site' command.
During the build, maven-project-info-reports-plugin generates the 'PROJECT DOCUMENTATION' pages automatically.
This is why we do not have XML files for those pages in our repo and message localization must be done in the plugin.

Hope my explanation makes sense. :)