[ANNOUCEMENT] MyBatis 3.1.0 released

12

[ANNOUCEMENT] MyBatis 3.1.0 released

Eduardo Macarron
Dear community,

MyBatis Team is pleased to announce the release of MyBatis 3.1.0

This version fixes a long list of bugs and provides new features like multi-db support, improved Jdbc3 key generation support, Scala support, selective logging, child-parent relations on joins, performace optimizations and some others. See the details in the tracker [1]

As usually it is available in the downloads section [2] and in maven central repository [3]

Note that MyBatis bundle no longer includes the Migrations tool. Migrations 3.1.0 will be released as a separated module in a few days.

A note about upgrading from 3.0.x to 3.1.x.

3.1 should be a drop-in in almost all cases but there is a reason for the version number change so be aware of the following points.

Fix for issue #168 [4] may cause a change in the number of nested instances returned by a query with nested resultmaps in specific (not very common) circumstances.

Some internal object signatures have changed so check your plugins in case you are using any.

These interfaces have been changed:
- Transaction/TransactionFactory -> new method to create a Transaction out of a DataSource
- ObjectFactory -> new method isCollection()
- ResultHandler -> new method to get values by index

Dependencies: If you are using MyBatis-Spring 1.0.x upgrade it to 1.1.0 that will be available in a short time.

Thank your all for your contributions and help!

[1] http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/issues/list?can=1&q=Component%3DSqlMaps++Version%3DRelease3.x++Target%3DRelease3.1.0
[2] http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/downloads/list?can=3&q=Product%3DMyBatis
[3] http://search.maven.org/
[4] http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/issues/detail?can=1&q=168

Re: [ANNOUCEMENT] MyBatis 3.1.0 released

c c-2

Congratulations!

Thanks all the mybatis team member.

chengjun

2012/3/12 Eduardo <[hidden email]>
[...]

Bogdan Tanase
Great work people!

Thank you!

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 7:24 AM, c c <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations!
>
> Thanks all the mybatis team member.
>

> chengjun
>

> 2012/3/12 Eduardo <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Dear community,
>>
>> MyBatis Team is pleased to announce the release of MyBatis 3.1.0
>>
>> This version fixes a long list of bugs and provides new features like
>> multi-db support, improved Jdbc3 key generation support, Scala support,
>> selective logging, child-parent relations on joins, performace optimizations
>> and some others. See the details in the tracker [1]
>>
>> As usually it is available in the downloads section [2] and in maven
>> central repository [3]
>>
>> Note that MyBatis bundle no longer includes the Migrations tool.
>> Migrations 3.1.0 will be released as a separated module in a few days.
>>
>> A note about upgrading from 3.0.x to 3.1.x.
>>
>> 3.1 should be a drop-in in almost all cases but there is a reason for the
>> version number change so be aware of the following points.
>>
>> Fix for issue #168 [4] may cause a change in the number of nested
>> instances returned by a query with nested resultmaps in specific (not very
>> common) circumstances.
>>
>> Some internal object signatures have changed so check your plugins in case
>> you are using any.
>>
>> These interfaces have been changed:
>> - Transaction/TransactionFactory -> new method to create a Transaction out
>> of a DataSource
>> - ObjectFactory -> new method isCollection()
>> - ResultHandler -> new method to get values by index
>>
>> Dependencies: If you are using MyBatis-Spring 1.0.x upgrade it to 1.1.0
>> that will be available in a short time.
>>
>> Thank your all for your contributions and help!
>>
>> [1]
>> http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/issues/list?can=1&q=Component%3DSqlMaps++Version%3DRelease3.x++Target%3DRelease3.1.0
>> [2]
>> http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/downloads/list?can=3&q=Product%3DMyBatis
>> [3] http://search.maven.org/
>> [4] http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/issues/detail?can=1&q=168

Re: [ANNOUCEMENT] MyBatis 3.1.0 released

Huge thanks to Eduardo, Simone, Jeff, Frank and the rest of the team for knocking out the biggest release since 3.0.

Lots of great improvements and the issues list was almost entirely cleared for the core framework, except for a few environment specific edge cases.

Great work everyone!

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Eduardo <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Filipe Sousa
Thanks to all that made this release possible.
Are there any plans to release a new version of mybatis-guice soon?

On Sunday, March 11, 2012 10:40:01 PM UTC, Eduardo wrote:
[...]

Simone Tripodi-2
Olá Filipe,

sure, it is justa a matter of finding the time to put it in a
releasable status - is there any new feature in /trunk you need to use
in next guice module release?

Obrigado,
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Filipe Sousa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks to all that made this release possible.
> Are there any plans to release a new version of mybatis-guice soon?
>

> On Sunday, March 11, 2012 10:40:01 PM UTC, Eduardo wrote:
>>
>> Dear community,
>>
>> MyBatis Team is pleased to announce the release of MyBatis 3.1.0
>>
>> This version fixes a long list of bugs and provides new features like
>> multi-db support, improved Jdbc3 key generation support, Scala support,
>> selective logging, child-parent relations on joins, performace optimizations
>> and some others. See the details in the tracker [1]
>>
>> As usually it is available in the downloads section [2] and in maven
>> central repository [3]
>>
>> Note that MyBatis bundle no longer includes the Migrations tool.
>> Migrations 3.1.0 will be released as a separated module in a few days.
>>
>> A note about upgrading from 3.0.x to 3.1.x.
>>
>> 3.1 should be a drop-in in almost all cases but there is a reason for the
>> version number change so be aware of the following points.
>>
>> Fix for issue #168 [4] may cause a change in the number of nested
>> instances returned by a query with nested resultmaps in specific (not very
>> common) circumstances.
>>
>> Some internal object signatures have changed so check your plugins in case
>> you are using any.
>>
>> These interfaces have been changed:
>> - Transaction/TransactionFactory -> new method to create a Transaction out
>> of a DataSource
>> - ObjectFactory -> new method isCollection()
>> - ResultHandler -> new method to get values by index
>>
>> Dependencies: If you are using MyBatis-Spring 1.0.x upgrade it to 1.1.0
>> that will be available in a short time.
>>
>> Thank your all for your contributions and help!
>>
>> [1]
>> http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/issues/list?can=1&q=Component%3DSqlMaps++Version%3DRelease3.x++Target%3DRelease3.1.0
>> [2]
>> http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/downloads/list?can=3&q=Product%3DMyBatis
>> [3] http://search.maven.org/
>> [4] http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/issues/detail?can=1&q=168

Re: [ANNOUCEMENT] MyBatis 3.1.0 released

Filipe Sousa
Olá.

Yes there is:

Missing mapUnderscoreToCamelCase property in mybatis-guice
http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/issues/detail?id=422

$ svn log -c3978
r3978 | simone.tripodi | 2011-10-24 11:45:00 +0100 (Mon, 24 Oct 2011) | 1 line

[422] Missing mapUnderscoreToCamelCase property in mybatis-guice

http://www.99soft.org/

Re: [ANNOUCEMENT] MyBatis 3.1.0 released

Simone Tripodi-2
Olá Filipe,
I just need some spare time to dedicate to the guice module to keep it
updated to latest 3.1.0, then I'll push the release - may I can ask
you to switch over the SNAPSHOT? It should be available on Sonatype's
Nexus.

Até mais,

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Filipe Sousa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Olá.
>
> Yes there is:
>
> Missing mapUnderscoreToCamelCase property in mybatis-guice
> http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/issues/detail?id=422
>
> $ svn log -c3978
> r3978 | simone.tripodi | 2011-10-24 11:45:00 +0100 (Mon, 24 Oct 2011) | 1
> line
>
> [422] Missing mapUnderscoreToCamelCase property in mybatis-guice
>

> On Tuesday, March 13, 2012 12:00:48 PM UTC, Simone Tripodi wrote:
>>
>> Olá Filipe,
>>
>> sure, it is justa a matter of finding the time to put it in a
>> releasable status - is there any new feature in /trunk you need to use
>> in next guice module release?
>>
>> Obrigado,
>> -Simo

>> http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
>> http://www.99soft.org/

Re: [ANNOUCEMENT] MyBatis 3.1.0 released

Filipe Sousa
Olá.

I have been using a snapshot that I built from trunk for some time. It's not urgent.

I'm not a maven expert but this looks almost empty
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/mybatis/mybatis-guice/

On Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:56:31 PM UTC, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Olá Filipe,
> I just need some spare time to dedicate to the guice module to keep it
> updated to latest 3.1.0, then I'll push the release - may I can ask
> you to switch over the SNAPSHOT? It should be available on Sonatype's
> Nexus.
>
> Até mais,
> -Simo

Re: MyBatis 3.1.0 released

Eduardo Macarron
Thanks also to Iwao, Christian, Nathan, Roger, Hunter and Puttibong
for their contributions to the core, online docs and spring.

This one has been a great team work!

Re: [ANNOUCEMENT] MyBatis 3.1.0 released

BhaskarK
Hi, Thanks for all your work.
Can you elaborate on the multi-db support part ?
Or is there a proper release notes page, which lists features by release ?

thanks

On Sunday, March 11, 2012 6:40:01 PM UTC-4, Eduardo wrote:
[...]

Here you are:

http://www.mybatis.org/core/configuration.html#databaseIdProvider

El día 15 de marzo de 2012 18:52, BhaskarK <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Hi, Thanks for all your work.
> Can you elaborate on the multi-db support part ?
> Or is there a proper release notes page, which lists features by release ?
>
> thanks
>

> On Sunday, March 11, 2012 6:40:01 PM UTC-4, Eduardo wrote:
>>
>> Dear community,
>>
>> MyBatis Team is pleased to announce the release of MyBatis 3.1.0
>>
>> This version fixes a long list of bugs and provides new features like
>> multi-db support, improved Jdbc3 key generation support, Scala support,
>> selective logging, child-parent relations on joins, performace optimizations
>> and some others. See the details in the tracker [1]
>>
>> As usually it is available in the downloads section [2] and in maven
>> central repository [3]
>>
>> Note that MyBatis bundle no longer includes the Migrations tool.
>> Migrations 3.1.0 will be released as a separated module in a few days.
>>
>> A note about upgrading from 3.0.x to 3.1.x.
>>
>> 3.1 should be a drop-in in almost all cases but there is a reason for the
>> version number change so be aware of the following points.
>>
>> Fix for issue #168 [4] may cause a change in the number of nested
>> instances returned by a query with nested resultmaps in specific (not very
>> common) circumstances.
>>
>> Some internal object signatures have changed so check your plugins in case
>> you are using any.
>>
>> These interfaces have been changed:
>> - Transaction/TransactionFactory -> new method to create a Transaction out
>> of a DataSource
>> - ObjectFactory -> new method isCollection()
>> - ResultHandler -> new method to get values by index
>>
>> Dependencies: If you are using MyBatis-Spring 1.0.x upgrade it to 1.1.0
>> that will be available in a short time.
>>
>> Thank your all for your contributions and help!
>>
>> [1]
>> http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/issues/list?can=1&q=Component%3DSqlMaps++Version%3DRelease3.x++Target%3DRelease3.1.0
>> [2]
>> http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/downloads/list?can=3&q=Product%3DMyBatis
>> [3] http://search.maven.org/
>> [4] http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/issues/detail?can=1&q=168

Re: [ANNOUCEMENT] MyBatis 3.1.0 released

Rick R
Thanks guys!!!!

Rick R

Re: MyBatis 3.1.0 released

Eduardo Macarron
Thank you Rick!

@BhaskarK. The road map is in the tracker. Unfortunately the tracker
at google does not provide the clear information that Jira does.

To se the roadmap, go to the issue list and search for All Issues
filtering by Component=SqlMaps Version=Release3.x status:Fixed

That query will show all changes and its details since the begginging
of the project.

On 16 mar, 02:33, Rick R <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks guys!!!!
>
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Eduardo Macarron
>

> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Here you are:
>
> >http://www.mybatis.org/core/configuration.html#databaseIdProvider
>
> > El día 15 de marzo de 2012 18:52, BhaskarK <[hidden email]> escribió:
> >> Hi, Thanks for all your work.
> >> Can you elaborate on the multi-db support part ?
> >> Or is there a proper release notes page, which lists features by release ?
>
> >> thanks

> Rick R

Re: MyBatis 3.1.0 released

davsclaus
Hi

Congrat on this release.

Just upgraded to this release in the Camel MyBatis component. Works
fine.
Keep it up, on this great project.

/Claus

On Mar 11, 11:40 pm, Eduardo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear community,
>
> MyBatis Team is pleased to announce the release of MyBatis 3.1.0
>
> This version fixes a long list of bugs and provides new features like
> multi-db support, improved Jdbc3 key generation support, Scala support,
> selective logging, child-parent relations on joins, performace
> optimizations and some others. See the details in the tracker [1]
>
> As usually it is available in the downloads section [2] and in maven
> central repository [3]
>
> Note that MyBatis bundle no longer includes the Migrations tool. Migrations
> 3.1.0 will be released as a separated module in a few days.
>
> A note about upgrading from 3.0.x to 3.1.x.
>
> 3.1 should be a drop-in in almost all cases but there is a reason for the
> version number change so be aware of the following points.
>
> Fix for issue #168 [4] may cause a change in the number of nested instances
> returned by a query with nested resultmaps in specific (not very common)
> circumstances.
>
> Some internal object signatures have changed so check your plugins in case
> you are using any.
>
> These interfaces have been changed:
> - Transaction/TransactionFactory -> new method to create a Transaction out
> of a DataSource
> - ObjectFactory -> new method isCollection()
> - ResultHandler -> new method to get values by index
>
> Dependencies: If you are using MyBatis-Spring 1.0.x upgrade it to 1.1.0
> that will be available in a short time.
>
> Thank your all for your contributions and help!
>
> [1]http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/issues/list?can=1&q=Component%3DSqlM...
> [2]http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/downloads/list?can=3&q=Product%3DMyB...
> [3]http://search.maven.org/
> [4]http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/issues/detail?can=1&q=168

Re: MyBatis 3.1.0 released

Eduardo Macarron
Thank you Claus!

Re: MyBatis 3.1.0 released

Riccardo Cossu
Hello,
thanks to all Mybatis team for this release.

When will migrations 3.1.0 be out? I'm currenlty using a self packaged
snapshot since I needed a recent patch.
I've noticed there has been quite a major dependencies "remix" since
3.0.x: it now needs both mybatis and the jdbc drivers on the
classpath. I see the first dependency was included for reasons I
absolutely agree with, but the second one seems a big change on how
migrations works... is this a problem which needs to be addressed for
the release?

Bye,
Riccardo

> Thank you Claus!

Re: MyBatis 3.1.0 released

Eduardo Macarron
Hi Riccardo, there is not a date for that release yet but it shouldn't
take long.

> Thank you Claus!

Re: MyBatis 3.1.0 released

Riccardo Cossu
Thanks Eduardo.
Clinton, I usually launch migrations through my ant build. With
migrations 3.0.x this worked:

<target name="migrations">
        <java classname="org.apache.ibatis.migration.Migrator" fork="true"
output="${deploy.dir}/mybatis.log">
                <classpath>
                        <pathelement path="build/lib/mybatis-migrations-3.1.0-
SNAPSHOT.jar" />
                </classpath>
                <arg value="--path=${migrate.basepath}" />
                <arg value="--env=${migrate.env}" />
                <arg value="${migrate.command}" />
                <arg value="${migrate.args}" />
        </java>
</target>

the jdbc drivers were loaded from the ${migrate.basepath}/drivers
directory, without having to explicitely add them in the classpath
element.
Since 3.1.x I have to add mybatis (which as I said is absolutely fine
with me, makes perfect sense) and the jdbc drivers, otherwise I get
NoClassDefFound, No suitable driver and such:

<classpath>
        <pathelement path="build/lib/mybatis-migrations-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar" /

        <pathelement path="build/lib/mybatis-3.1.0.jar" />
        <fileset dir="${migrate.basepath}/drivers/">
                <include name="**/*.jar"/>
        </fileset>
</classpath>

That seems a big change, but maybe, as you said, you moved the part
where it loaded the drivers to the shell script (which I don't use).
This is fine with me, I simply didn't expect such a change in a minor
release.

Thanks,
Riccardo
On 17 Apr, 00:08, Clinton Begin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What do you mean by "on the classpath"... as in the environment variable?
>  If so, that should not be the case (I don't even set a classpath
> environment variable at all).
>
> But the shell scripts that run the migrator have always added the drivers
> to the classpath.  If you're using Maven or the like, I'm not sure how
> they're added, but they do have to be on the classpath.
>
> Cheers,
> Clinton
>

> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Riccardo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > thanks to all Mybatis team for this release.
>
> > When will migrations 3.1.0 be out? I'm currenlty using a self packaged
> > snapshot since I needed a recent patch.
> > I've noticed there has been quite a major dependencies "remix" since
> > 3.0.x: it now needs both mybatis and the jdbc drivers on the
> > classpath. I see the first dependency was included for reasons I
> > absolutely agree with, but the second one seems a big change on how
> > migrations works... is this a problem which needs to be addressed for
> > the release?
>
> > Bye,
> > Riccardo
>
> > On 18 Mar, 01:01, Eduardo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Thank you Claus!
12