[ANN] [mybatis-spring] The 1.0.0-RC1 has finally released

[ANN] [mybatis-spring] The 1.0.0-RC1 has finally released

Simone Tripodi
Hi all folks,
the MyBatis team is pleased to announce the MyBatis Spring integration
package RC1 has been released!!! You can start download the zip
bundle[1] from googlecode or add the Maven dependency in your pom.xml

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.mybatis</groupId>
    <artifactId>mybatis-spring</artifactId>
    <version>1.0.0-RC1</version>
    <scope>compile</scope>
</dependency>

The maven artifact should be available in a while, please be patient
since Sonatype has to sync their repos with the central one and rsync
runs hourly.

This is NOT a final release, it has been deployed so everybody can use
it and play with it a lot, users are kindly invited to find bugs and
give their contributions, patches and docs are much more than
appreciated :)
Have a nice day and enjoy with the new library!!!
Simo

[1] http://mybatis.googlecode.com/files/mybatis-spring-1.0.0-RC1-bundle.zip

http://www.99soft.org/

Re: [mybatis-spring] The 1.0.0-RC1 has finally released

Putthibong Boonbong
Finally, RC1 was released though it takes one year. Thank you. ;D

Putthibong Boonbong

On Sep 22, 4:50 pm, Simone Tripodi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all folks,
> the MyBatis team is pleased to announce the MyBatis Spring integration
> package RC1 has been released!!! You can start download the zip
> bundle[1] from googlecode or add the Maven dependency in your pom.xml
>
> <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.mybatis</groupId>
>     <artifactId>mybatis-spring</artifactId>
>     <version>1.0.0-RC1</version>
>     <scope>compile</scope>
> </dependency>
>
> The maven artifact should be available in a while, please be patient
> since Sonatype has to sync their repos with the central one and rsync
> runs hourly.
>
> This is NOT a final release, it has been deployed so everybody can use
> it and play with it a lot, users are kindly invited to find bugs and
> give their contributions, patches and docs are much more than
> appreciated :)
> Have a nice day and enjoy with the new library!!!
> Simo
>
> [1]http://mybatis.googlecode.com/files/mybatis-spring-1.0.0-RC1-bundle.zip
>
> http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/http://www.99soft.org/

Re: [mybatis-spring] The 1.0.0-RC1 has finally released

Simone Tripodi
Sawasdee ka Putthibong,
this is just the beginning, we've to improve the whole packaging to
reach a final release, hope to see more contributions from you ;)
Have a nice day,
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Putthibong Boonbong
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Finally, RC1 was released though it takes one year. Thank you. ;D
> --
> Putthibong Boonbong
>
> On Sep 22, 4:50 pm, Simone Tripodi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all folks,
>> the MyBatis team is pleased to announce the MyBatis Spring integration
>> package RC1 has been released!!! You can start download the zip
>> bundle[1] from googlecode or add the Maven dependency in your pom.xml
>>
>> <dependency>
>>     <groupId>org.mybatis</groupId>
>>     <artifactId>mybatis-spring</artifactId>
>>     <version>1.0.0-RC1</version>
>>     <scope>compile</scope>
>> </dependency>
>>
>> The maven artifact should be available in a while, please be patient
>> since Sonatype has to sync their repos with the central one and rsync
>> runs hourly.
>>
>> This is NOT a final release, it has been deployed so everybody can use
>> it and play with it a lot, users are kindly invited to find bugs and
>> give their contributions, patches and docs are much more than
>> appreciated :)
>> Have a nice day and enjoy with the new library!!!
>> Simo
>>
>> [1]http://mybatis.googlecode.com/files/mybatis-spring-1.0.0-RC1-bundle.zip
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/http://www.99soft.org/

Re: The 1.0.0-RC1 has finally released

Putthibong Boonbong
Yeah, we don't have test-cases that cover all the code. I also wrote
it but not finished yet and some class needed to be clean up. It might
have something wrong when we use it in development environment. If
people start using it and report the issue back, we can move more
faster to reach GA.

BTW, you are better use 'kub' instead of 'ka'. ;)

--
Putthibong Boonbong

On Sep 22, 7:44 pm, Simone Tripodi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sawasdee ka Putthibong,
> this is just the beginning, we've to improve the whole packaging to
> reach a final release, hope to see more contributions from you ;)
> Have a nice day,
> Simo
>
> http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/http://www.99soft.org/
>
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Putthibong Boonbong
>

> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Finally, RC1 was released though it takes one year. Thank you. ;D
> > --
> > Putthibong Boonbong
>
> > On Sep 22, 4:50 pm, Simone Tripodi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi all folks,
> >> the MyBatis team is pleased to announce the MyBatis Spring integration
> >> package RC1 has been released!!! You can start download the zip
> >> bundle[1] from googlecode or add the Maven dependency in your pom.xml
>
> >> <dependency>
> >>     <groupId>org.mybatis</groupId>
> >>     <artifactId>mybatis-spring</artifactId>
> >>     <version>1.0.0-RC1</version>
> >>     <scope>compile</scope>
> >> </dependency>
>
> >> The maven artifact should be available in a while, please be patient
> >> since Sonatype has to sync their repos with the central one and rsync
> >> runs hourly.
>
> >> This is NOT a final release, it has been deployed so everybody can use
> >> it and play with it a lot, users are kindly invited to find bugs and
> >> give their contributions, patches and docs are much more than
> >> appreciated :)
> >> Have a nice day and enjoy with the new library!!!
> >> Simo
>
> >> [1]http://mybatis.googlecode.com/files/mybatis-spring-1.0.0-RC1-bundle.zip
>
> >>http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/http://www.99soft.org/

Re: The 1.0.0-RC1 has finally released

Simone Tripodi
A friend of mine in UK already started using it, I encouraged him
sending us feedbacks, I hope he'll write soon :)

Thanks for the Thai language suggestion, I definitively need to study :)
All the best,
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Putthibong Boonbong
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yeah, we don't have test-cases that cover all the code. I also wrote
> it but not finished yet and some class needed to be clean up. It might
> have something wrong when we use it in development environment. If
> people start using it and report the issue back, we can move more
> faster to reach GA.
>
> BTW, you are better use 'kub' instead of 'ka'. ;)
>
> --
> Putthibong Boonbong
>
> On Sep 22, 7:44 pm, Simone Tripodi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Sawasdee ka Putthibong,
>> this is just the beginning, we've to improve the whole packaging to
>> reach a final release, hope to see more contributions from you ;)
>> Have a nice day,
>> Simo
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/http://www.99soft.org/
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Putthibong Boonbong
>>

>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Finally, RC1 was released though it takes one year. Thank you. ;D
>> > --
>> > Putthibong Boonbong

Re: The 1.0.0-RC1 has finally released

Eduardo Macarron
Geat Simo. Good job!!

5 hours 64 downloads. Thats good :)

BTW pdf manual is missing in this package. Is that intentional?

Re: The 1.0.0-RC1 has finally released

Simone Tripodi
Hola Edu,
I'm sure that was my fault. Yet another good reason to justify that
times were immature to announce the 1.0.0 GA :P
Have a nice evening
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Eduardo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Geat Simo. Good job!!
>
> 5 hours 64 downloads. Thats good :)
>
> BTW pdf manual is missing in this package. Is that intentional?

Re: The 1.0.0-RC1 has finally released

Raj Nagappan
Congratulations guys! I will make sure to try it out over the next few
days.

Raj.

On Sep 23, 4:55 am, Simone Tripodi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hola Edu,
> I'm sure that was my fault. Yet another good reason to justify that
> times were immature to announce the 1.0.0 GA :P
> Have a nice evening
> Simo
>
> http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/http://www.99soft.org/
>
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Eduardo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Geat Simo. Good job!!
>
> > 5 hours 64 downloads. Thats good :)
>
> > BTW pdf manual is missing in this package. Is that intentional?

Re: The 1.0.0-RC1 has finally released

leka
Hi, we are planning on using the mybatis-spring integration in a
current project, is there a date set for a GA release of this
integration?

/ Best wishes

On 23 Sep, 00:58, Raj Nagappan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations guys! I will make sure to try it out over the next few
> days.
>
> Raj.
>
> On Sep 23, 4:55 am, Simone Tripodi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Hola Edu,
> > I'm sure that was my fault. Yet another good reason to justify that
> > times were immature to announce the 1.0.0 GA :P
> > Have a nice evening
> > Simo
>
> >http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/http://www.99soft.org/
>
> > On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Eduardo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Geat Simo. Good job!!
>
> > > 5 hours 64 downloads. Thats good :)
>
> > > BTW pdf manual is missing in this package. Is that intentional?- Dölj citerad text -
>
> - Visa citerad text -

Re: The 1.0.0-RC1 has finally released

Eduardo Macarron

Hi Karl,

As you know in this community projects there are no plans :) But
mybatis-spring has had about 700 downloads in one month and there are
no issues in the tracker.

We are finishing the manual. After that there is not more work to be
done.

On 12 oct, 10:42, leka <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, we are planning on using the mybatis-spring integration in a
> current project, is there a date set for a GA release of this
> integration?
>
> / Best wishes
>
> On 23 Sep, 00:58, Raj Nagappan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Congratulations guys! I will make sure to try it out over the next few
> > days.
>
> > Raj.
>
> > On Sep 23, 4:55 am, Simone Tripodi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > Hola Edu,
> > > I'm sure that was my fault. Yet another good reason to justify that
> > > times were immature to announce the 1.0.0 GA :P
> > > Have a nice evening
> > > Simo
>
> > >http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/http://www.99soft.org/

> > - Visa citerad text -

Re: The 1.0.0-RC1 has finally released

Raj Nagappan
Wow 700 downloads already! Excellent.

Re the documentation, in section 3.1 where the userMapper spring is
defined I think it's worth describing that Mybatis is using a factory
bean, and how that influences the bean config. I say this because
factory beans are not something that many spring people (including
myself) are very familiar with. Might also be worth adding a Java-
based spring config for people use that instead of xml for configuring
Spring.

There is no link in the UserMapper interface to either an annotation
or xml based sql query. I realise this is part of Mybatis core, but
just to see how the whole thing hangs together I'd like to see some
reference in the mapper part of the code to the actual sql that will
get run. Then you have an end-to-end illustration from client bean
service through to the underlying framework.

Apart from that it seems good.
Raj.

PS. Thanks for the credit in the doco :-)

Re: The 1.0.0-RC1 has finally released

Simone Tripodi
Hi Raj,
thanks to you for the hints, very appreciated :)
Mentioning you in the acks, like all the contributors, is a MUST,
since, like I've always put emphasis on, this project is really
community driven, there's no space for one-man-show :)
Have a nice day,
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 2:42 AM, Raj Nagappan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Wow 700 downloads already! Excellent.
>
> Re the documentation, in section 3.1 where the userMapper spring is
> defined I think it's worth describing that Mybatis is using a factory
> bean, and how that influences the bean config. I say this because
> factory beans are not something that many spring people (including
> myself) are very familiar with. Might also be worth adding a Java-
> based spring config for people use that instead of xml for configuring
> Spring.
>
> There is no link in the UserMapper interface to either an annotation
> or xml based sql query. I realise this is part of Mybatis core, but
> just to see how the whole thing hangs together I'd like to see some
> reference in the mapper part of the code to the actual sql that will
> get run. Then you have an end-to-end illustration from client bean
> service through to the underlying framework.
>
> Apart from that it seems good.
> Raj.
>
> PS. Thanks for the credit in the doco :-)

Re: The 1.0.0-RC1 has finally released

Hunter
Raj, good suggestions. I am working on an update to the docs now and
will add your ideas.

On Oct 13, 7:12 am, Simone Tripodi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Raj,
> thanks to you for the hints, very appreciated :)
> Mentioning you in the acks, like all the contributors, is a MUST,
> since, like I've always put emphasis on, this project is really
> community driven, there's no space for one-man-show :)
> Have a nice day,
> Simo
>
> http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/http://www.99soft.org/
>

> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 2:42 AM, Raj Nagappan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Wow 700 downloads already! Excellent.
>
> > Re the documentation, in section 3.1 where the userMapper spring is
> > defined I think it's worth describing that Mybatis is using a factory
> > bean, and how that influences the bean config. I say this because
> > factory beans are not something that many spring people (including
> > myself) are very familiar with. Might also be worth adding a Java-
> > based spring config for people use that instead of xml for configuring
> > Spring.
>
> > There is no link in the UserMapper interface to either an annotation
> > or xml based sql query. I realise this is part of Mybatis core, but
> > just to see how the whole thing hangs together I'd like to see some
> > reference in the mapper part of the code to the actual sql that will
> > get run. Then you have an end-to-end illustration from client bean
> > service through to the underlying framework.
>
> > Apart from that it seems good.
> > Raj.
>
> > PS. Thanks for the credit in the doco :-)

Re: The 1.0.0-RC1 has finally released

Eduardo Macarron

Hunter, please update your working copy. I have added a new feature to
scan for mappers and register them automatically.

I added its doc in a sub-section of the "injecting mappers" chapter. I
know it may not go there but in the new configuration chapter you are
working on.