A new guy questions

mitkeprepecenica@gmail.com
Hi, as I wrote above, I am rather new in MyBatis framework, and I
would be very happy if someone could explain to me how to build
MyBatis generator from source. I` m using mybatis 3.0 version, so the
older version of Abator code generator is not working for me anymore,
and I haven`t dealt with Maven or SVN. Please help me.

Re: A new guy questions

Jeff Butler
Here's a quick extract from the docs I'm writing:

1.  First you must get maven running.  Here are the most simple steps
(for Windows):
   1.a. Download a Maven distribution from http://maven.apache.org
   1.b. Unzip the distribution somewhere convenient
   1.c. Setup environment variables and the PATH.  Examples:
            set JAVA_HOME=C:\JavaTools\jdk1.6.0_17
            set M2_HOME=C:\JavaTools\apache-maven-2.2.1
            set PATH=%PATH%;%M2_HOME%\bin;

2. Do a Subversion checkout of the MyBatis generator source tree from
the location
https://mybatis.googlecode.com/svn/sub-projects/generator/trunk

(You may use any Subversion client you prefer.  I recommend
TortoiseSVN which you can get here: http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/)

3. Open a command window in the directory where you checked out the
source and run the command "mvn clean install" - or any of the other
Maven lifecycle commands.

Jeff Butler

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 2:42 PM, [hidden email]
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi, as I wrote above, I am rather new in MyBatis framework, and I
> would be very happy if someone could explain to me how to build
> MyBatis generator from source. I` m using mybatis 3.0 version, so the
> older version of Abator code generator is not working for me anymore,
> and I haven`t dealt with Maven or SVN. Please help me.

Re: A new guy questions

Jeff Butler
Sorry...use this SVN URL:

https://mybatis.googlecode.com/svn/sub-projects/generator/trunk/core

Jeff Butler

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Jeff Butler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here's a quick extract from the docs I'm writing:
>
> 1.  First you must get maven running.  Here are the most simple steps
> (for Windows):
>   1.a. Download a Maven distribution from http://maven.apache.org
>   1.b. Unzip the distribution somewhere convenient
>   1.c. Setup environment variables and the PATH.  Examples:
>            set JAVA_HOME=C:\JavaTools\jdk1.6.0_17
>            set M2_HOME=C:\JavaTools\apache-maven-2.2.1
>            set PATH=%PATH%;%M2_HOME%\bin;
>
> 2. Do a Subversion checkout of the MyBatis generator source tree from
> the location
> https://mybatis.googlecode.com/svn/sub-projects/generator/trunk
>
> (You may use any Subversion client you prefer.  I recommend
> TortoiseSVN which you can get here: http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/)
>
> 3. Open a command window in the directory where you checked out the
> source and run the command "mvn clean install" - or any of the other
> Maven lifecycle commands.
>
> Jeff Butler
>

> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 2:42 PM, [hidden email]
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi, as I wrote above, I am rather new in MyBatis framework, and I
>> would be very happy if someone could explain to me how to build
>> MyBatis generator from source. I` m using mybatis 3.0 version, so the
>> older version of Abator code generator is not working for me anymore,
>> and I haven`t dealt with Maven or SVN. Please help me.

Re: A new guy questions

ialexei
As a 3 month old Mybatis user, I found writing the XML and classes by
hand though difficult in the beginning
help to understand the framework better and write more efficient
result maps and associations.
2 of my favorite articles for Mybatis...

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-ibatis3/index.html?S_TACT=105AGX01&S_CMP=HP
http://blog.idleworx.com/2010/06/initialize-mybatis-servletcontextlisten.html

and the Mybatis 3X pdf documentation =)

-A

On Aug 30, 3:42 pm, "[hidden email]"
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi, as I wrote above, I am rather new in MyBatis framework, and I
> would be very happy if someone could explain to me how to build
> MyBatis generator from source. I` m using mybatis 3.0 version, so the
> older version of Abator code generator is not working for me anymore,
> and I haven`t dealt with Maven or SVN. Please help me.

Re: A new guy questions

mitkeprepecenica@gmail.com
Sorry if I bother  you, but I still think I`m not doing this thing
right. I did as you told me,everything went smooth and without any
errors,but it seems that I cant find the resulting jar file      (that
was my way of thinking- if I build a project, there should be a jar
file in the end somewhere ) , which should  (at least I believe it
should )  be in folder where I did the Subversion check of  mybatis
generator code. The thing is , I read some documentation on Mybatis
code generator  and Maven, I saw that class MyBatisGenerator was
called, which led me to think, that there must be some library or jar
file created, probably using Maven lifecycle commands. Please , help
me again.

On Aug 30, 9:50 pm, Jeff Butler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here's a quick extract from the docs I'm writing:
>
> 1.  First you must get maven running.  Here are the most simple steps
> (for Windows):
>    1.a. Download a Maven distribution fromhttp://maven.apache.org
>    1.b. Unzip the distribution somewhere convenient
>    1.c. Setup environment variables and the PATH.  Examples:
>             set JAVA_HOME=C:\JavaTools\jdk1.6.0_17
>             set M2_HOME=C:\JavaTools\apache-maven-2.2.1
>             set PATH=%PATH%;%M2_HOME%\bin;
>
> 2. Do a Subversion checkout of the MyBatis generator source tree from
> the locationhttps://mybatis.googlecode.com/svn/sub-projects/generator/trunk
>
> (You may use any Subversion client you prefer.  I recommend
> TortoiseSVN which you can get here:http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/)
>
> 3. Open a command window in the directory where you checked out the
> source and run the command "mvn clean install" - or any of the other
> Maven lifecycle commands.
>
> Jeff Butler
>
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 2:42 PM, [hidden email]
>

> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi, as I wrote above, I am rather new in MyBatis framework, and I
> > would be very happy if someone could explain to me how to build
> > MyBatis generator from source. I` m using mybatis 3.0 version, so the
> > older version of Abator code generator is not working for me anymore,
> > and I haven`t dealt with Maven or SVN. Please help me.

Re: A new guy questions

Jeff Butler
It's a maven thing.

The final jar will be in two places:

1. In a directory called "target" under the
..\core\mybatis-generator-core directory.  This is maven's temporary
build directory

2. In your local maven repository.  On windows will be something like
this (can't remember exactly where it is):

\Documents\username\.m2\repository\org\mybatis\generator\mybatis-generator\1.3.0-SNAPSHOT

Jeff Butler